Microsoft for Students
As an engineering student, you can download many Microsoft software packages including Windows 10 for free. This includes software for:
- Artificial intelligence
- Developer tools, including Visual Studio
All you need to do is visit the Microsoft Azure for Students webpage and set up your free account. While Microsoft does not offer Office through Azure for Students, they do provide basic online versions of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint for free. Here is some additional information about accessing these Microsoft products.
- Windows: AutoCAD 2019, Windows 64-bit and English
- Mac: AutoCAD 2018 for Mac, Mac OS X and English
SOLIDWORKS is available free for students to use on personal computers and laptops running Windows 10 or Windows 11. SOLIDWORKS is a powerful computer-aided design (CAD) software used for creating 3D models and 2D drawings of products, parts, and assemblies widely used by engineers and designers across various industries. The software allows users to visualize and test designs, and includes a range of tools and features for modeling, simulation, animation, and data management. Training videos on how to use SOLIDWORKS are available at https://www.goengineer.com/solidworks-student-license and https://www.geoengineer.com/videos.
For more information on installing Windows onto a Mac, go to “How to install Windows onto your Mac” on our Ole Miss Engineering IT website.
- If you haven’t already, create an account in https://my.solidworks.com
- Uninstall any/all previous version of SOLIDWORKS
- Go to www.solidworks.com/SEK
- Use SEK-ID= XSEK12 and enter all relevant information into the form
- Choose 2023 for the most recent version of SOLIDWORKS
- You will then be asked to enter the school’s unique SEK Serial Number:
Your Student Download Serial Number is: 9020005721545679ZDQ5X639
* Follow all remaining instructions and accept all defaults
* Your VAR Name is GoEngineer
If you require technical support, please first refer to the Frequently Asked Questions that are available at: https://www.solidworks.com/support/frequently-asked-questions
ArcGIS is available for faculty, staff, and students using their University of Mississippi WebID. It is available for download from the ArcGIS Portal. Click on The University of Mississippi login option then enter your University of Mississippi WebID.
You may download the instructions here: Instructions for Ole Miss ArcGIS Pro Account and Software
School of Engineering IT
Carrier Hall 104