The School capitalizes on its engineering science tradition, a low student to faculty ratio, and a rich liberal arts environment to give future professionals deep technical abilities, the capacity to adapt to the rapid changes in engineering, and the interdisciplinary background and aptitude for innovation that sets them apart from graduates of other engineering schools.
The School will positively transform lives and communities through innovative engineering education and discovery. Our goals are:
- To provide an environment conducive to learning, teaching, and research. This includes a diverse and multicultural first-rate faculty, staff and students and state-of-the-art facilities.
- To provide a top-quality ABET accredited undergraduate program suitable for the 21st century
- To foster a vibrant graduate program and perform quality research in line with national trends and achieve national recognition in selected areas
- To establish strong partnerships and lasting relationships with industry, government, professional societies, alumni and academia.
- To make significant contribution to the technological and economic development of the State of Mississippi and the region through education, research, and service.
- To increase the visibility of the School of Engineering locally and nationally.