Awards and Honors
- 2016 School of Engineering - Outstanding Engineering Faculty Member Award
- Fellow of Society of Engineering Sciences, 2012
- "School of Engineering Outstanding Teacher Award - 2011" University of Mississippi, Oxford, MS
- "Life Time Achievement Award" - ICCES11 - Nanjing, China, April 20, 2011.
- Best Paper Award in 26th US Army Science Conference, Orlando, FL, Dec 2008
- ICCES -2007 - "Prof. Eric Reissner Medal" for the original contributions to the "Impact and Penetration Mechanics" research area
- Department of Army's - Research and Development Achievement Award for 1998
- Fellow of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME). Elected in 1994
- "Outstanding Non-Resident Indian Award" for promoting computer education in rural high schools in the state of Tamil Nadu, India, Dec 1991.
- Outstanding Professional Research (1990) - Wohlleben / Hochwalt Award. Each year the University of Dayton Research Institute, Dayton, Ohio recognized one Researcher as among from 25 scientific and engineering disciplines.
- Martin-Marietta Recognition Award (1988): Martin-Marietta recognized Dr. A.M. Rajendran for his outstanding contributions to the meteoroid and space debris protection study as a research contractor. He received Martin-Marietta's "Manned Space Systems Award."
- Performance Awards (at ARL): Exceptional (Highest Rating) for each year during 1992-2004.
- Senior Executive Service Performance Award Bonus; Approximately ~ $15,000 each year during 2004-2008.
- 2000: Army's ST (Science and Technology)
- 1994: GS15 (Highest Grade in the Federal GS System)
- 1988: Promotion to Group Leader Position
- 1984: Promotion to Associate Research Engineer Position