- M.S. 2010 Emphasis in Environmental Engineering, The University of Mississippi
- B.S. 2004 Department of Civil Engineering, The University of Mississippi
- B.E. 1990 Telecommunications Emphasis, The University of Mississippi
- Assistant Dean Undergraduate Academics, School of Engineering, University of Mississippi
- Instructor, Department of Civil Engineering, University of Mississippi
- Local, Regional, and State Science Fair Judge since 2004
- Helped create a one-semester high school course called “Intro to Engineering”, a math elective course endorsed by the State Department of Education
- Annual Career Day presentations at Oxford Middle and Davidson Elementary School
- Engineers Without Borders Advisor and Project Coordinator
- Ladybug Bridge Project co-coordinator, 2002.
She served as co-coordinator of Lady Bug bridge project at Oxford Elementary School (2002). This was a community service project involving issues of architectural, engineering, volunteer construction labor, and financial management. This was a project initiated while teaching math at Oxford High School 1999 to 2002, along with co-teacher Kathy Barnes and Howorth & Associates Architects of Oxford, Mississippi.
- Emerson Electric Co., Engineering Department,Environmental Engineer, Oxford, Mississippi from 1996 to 1999. Responsiblities included environmental health and safety issues of hazardous waste management / RCRA Permit applications and compliance,Title V Air Permit application and compliance, NPDES Permit application and compliance, oversight of waste water treatment plant operations, design and construction of new water treatment system in accordance with USEPA and MDEQ policies and requirements. Further experience included ergonomic improvements, OSHA compliance, drinking water testing and reporting to State Dept. of Health, and workplace health and safety issues for approximately 500 employees.
- Marni's past civil and environmental consulting work experience in consulting from 1990-1996: BCM Engineers Inc.; Wells Laboratories Inc., Environmental Resources of Mississippi Inc. (ERM), Jackson, Mississippi area. Phase I Environmental Assessments, asbestos inspections, underground storage tank contamination / soil and groundwater investigations, air permits, and other environmental regulatory compliance issues. As an independent consultant through ERM, some of her clients included BellSouth, Ergon Refining, and the City of Durant, Mississippi.