Current and Past Students
Master’s Theses and Projects Advised
- Douglas, Christopher B. (2016). “Pathogen Prediction for Recreational Waters through the Use of Artificial Neural Networks.”
- Abera, Liya (2015). “Analysis of Pervious Concrete as a Stormwater Management Tool Using SWMM Modeling.”
- Zhao, Yang (2015). “Life Cycle Assessment of Three Pavements Used in Parking Lots.”
- Hsieh, Min Yan (2015). “Analyzing the Efficiency of Soil Vapor Extraction in Multiple Wells.”
- Capps, Parker. (2015). "Bacterial Pollution Sources in a Man-Made Reservoir."
- Prevost, Zak. (2013). "Using SWMM to Model Low Impact Development."
- Werner, Rebecca. (2013). “Financial Sustainability of Water Treatment and Distribution: Using a Public-Private Partnership Toolkit to Evaluate Project Costs.” Currently working for the Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality.
- Kajdan, T. Alexander. (2014). “Acoustic measurements of fine-grained suspended particles in surface waters.”
McCaskill, Mary Alexandra. (2012). “Bacterial transport in an artificial sand bed stream during unsteady flow.” Currently working for Neel-Schaffer.
A team of students and researchers at the artificial streams.
From left: Bradley Goodwiller (UM NCPA), Danielle Usner, Alex McCaskill, Doug Shields (USDA ARS NSL), and Kelsey Cummins.
- co-advisee with Dr. Ahmed Al-Ostaz: Chapman, Annie. (2012). “Modeling of a Dense Gas Plume from a Pressurized Container.” Currently working for EarthCon Consultants.
- Frost, Christine. (2012). “Modeling and Statistical Analysis of Flood Pollutants after Hurricane Katrina.” Currently working for EarthCon Consultants.
- Rhodes, Judy. (2011). “Training Manual for the Environmental Chemist of the Quality Control Laboratory, Valero Memphis Refinery, Memphis, TN.” Currently working for Valero Energy Corporation.
- Kendricks, Marni. (2010). “Improved Potable Water Quality Community Systems for Application in Developing Countries.” Currently Assistant Dean of the School of Engineering, University of Mississippi.
- Crawford, Richard. (2010). “Assessment of Dual Phase Remediation Sites in North Mississippi.” Currently Principal Engineer at EarthCon Consultants.
- Wilson, Shannon. (2010). “Acoustically Enhanced Contaminant Remediation.” Currently working at North Carolina Department of Environment and Natural Resources.
- Kinnaman, Alison. (2009). “The Use of Microcosm Studies to Determine the Effect of Sediments and Nutrients on Bacteria in Lake Water.”
Students Casey Wilson, Keah-Ying Lim, and Alison Kinnaman at the outlet channel between Sardis Reservoir and the Lower Lake.
- Gordji, Leili. (2008). “Investigation of Relationships Between Water Quality Parameters in Sardis Lake, Mississippi.”
- Howell, Lawrence. (2008). “A Case Study of the Proper Disposal of Polychlorinated Biphenyl (PCB) Electrical Equipment from Pontotoc Electric Power Association’s Power System from 1977 through 2007.” General Manager of the Pontotoc Electric Power Association.
Honors Theses Advised
- VanLandeghem, William (2015). “Pervious vs Impervious Pavement: An Engineering Approach to Cost Efficiency.”
- Kapanzhi, Diana (2014). “Sustainability in development work: a case study of Engineers Without Borders in Togo, Africa.”
- Bonds, C. D. (2013). “Acoustic measurements of suspended particles in surface waters.” Currently at student at Univeristy of Mississippi Medical School.
- Capps, H. Q. Parker (2012). “Optimizing the efficiency of soil vapor extraction in two vapor extraction wells.” Currently a graduate student at UM.
- Sisco, Tracey E. (2011). “Impact of sun ultraviolet index on solar disinfection of coliform bacteria in a treatment tank.” Currently a graduate student at North Carolina State University
- David, Joanna L. (2011). “Evaluation of the effect of plastic covers on disinfection of coliform bacteria in a treatment tank.” Currently working for ExxonMobil.
- Mariaca, Pablo A. (2011). “Determination of decay rate constants of total coliform bacteria in an ozonation multi-tubular plug flow reactor.” Currently working for CH2MHill.
|Students Tracey Sisco and Joanna David filter water from Lake Patsy.|
Other Student Research Assistants
- Usner, Danielle. (August 2010-August 2012). Currently working for International Paper.
- Ellington, Hillary. (August-December 2009).
- Lim, Keah-Ying. (January 2008 to May 2010). First author of 2011 Journal of Environmental Monitoring paper “A multi-variate methodology for analyzing pre-existing lake water quality data.”Currently a Ph.D. student at the University of California at Irvine.
- Pierce, Casey (Wilson). (May-December 2008). Currently working for ExxonMobil.
- Henderson, John Mark. (May-December 2008). Currently working for the Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality.