Carver Hydraulic (0.5-48 tons) Compression Press including fully guided heated platens.
Use: Hot press is used to mold samples under controlled temperature and pressure.
Specification: Carver press 48 ton hot press (Carver, Inc, Wabash, IN, USA).
- Clamping force 48 tons (minimum 1,000 lbs)
- Stroke 4" (travel distance of the movable clamp)
- Two (2) 15" x 15" electrically heated platens
- Temperature range up to 650 deg. F or 343 deg C
- Full touch screen interface
- 10 recipe storage capability
- 20 Programmable setpoints of clamp force, cure time and temperature per recipe
- Programmable in force units of Kg, US Tons, Metric Tons & Pounds
- Programmable in temperature units of degree F or C
Lindbergh Blue M, Thermo Scientific Hamilton SafeAir II Fume Hood.
Working space: 84"(width) x 30"(height) x 26"(depth)
Ovens and Accessories
- Thermo Scientific programmable oven (Lindberg Blue M Deluxe Ovens 3057), upper limit of temperature 325 °C
- Thermo Scientific high temperature muffle oven, upper limit of temperature 1200 °C.
- 2 cubic feet microwave oven, 1000 W.
- Napco model 5851 vacuum oven.
Polymer Preparation Equipment
- Heating plate with controllers of temperature and stirrer.
- Oil vacuum pump.
- Two Bath sonicator (FS30D from Fisher Scientific).
Cutting and other sample preparation equipment
- Balance, max 3 kg, d = 0.5 g.
- Balance (Mettler Toledo PL303), MAX 310 g, d = 0.001 g.
- 18" variable speed scroll saw.
- Mechanical cutting press for the preparation of ASTM standard sample by press-cutting.
- ASTM 412-C cutting die.
- Kenmore refrigerator with freezing and cold chambers for the storage of chemicals.
- Two chemical storage cabinets.
- Soxhlet extraction set-up for the purification.
- Filtration set-up for manufacturing graphene paper.
- Simple distillation set-up equipped with condenser.
- Batch reactor equipped with condenser.
- Husky air compressor.