Student News and Awards (Spring 2010)
- Three electrical engineering seniors, Christina Bonnington, Jesse Pinion, and Safa Salman have been selected to receive the Taylor Medal Award at the Honors Day ceremony this year.
- Electrical engineering senior Christina Bonnington has also been selected to receive one of three Outstanding Senior awards in the School of Engineering.
- Senior Jesse Pinion was selected to receive the Eta Kappa Nu Outstanding Electrical Engineering Student Award.
- Junior Jeffrey Tannehill was selected to receive the Eta Kappa Nu Outstanding Electrical Engineering Junior Award.
- Sophomore Sarah Farris was selected to receive the Eta Kappa Nu Outstanding Electrical Engineering Sophomore Award.
- Electrical Engineering graduate student Chandra S. R. Kaipa received an URSI Student Travel Grant for Chandra S. R. Kaipa to present the paper "Fabry-Perot Resonances of Total Transmission in Multilayer Sub-Wavelength Partially-Reflecting Surfaces" at the URSI National Radio Science Meeting held in Boulder, Colorado, in January 2010. Coauthors of the paper are Dr. Alexander Yakovlev, Associate Professor of Electrical Engineering, and F. Medina and F. Mesa.
- Electrical Engineering graduate student Ang Yu was selected by the graduate school to receive a graduate achievement award.
- Electrical Engineering graduate students Seung Woo Ryu and Esam Obiedat were selected to receive Dissertation Fellowships by the graduate school for the spring semester.