Student News and Awards (Spring 2007)
- Electrical engineering graduate student Matthew J. Inman received first place in the student paper competition at the 2007 Applied Computational Electromagnetics Society (ACES) Conference held recently in Verona, Italy. The paper was coauthored with Dr. Atef Z. Elsherbeni, Professor of Electrical Engineering, Dr. James G. Maloney, and Bradford N. Baker (BSEE 1999, MSEE 2001).
- Electrical engineering graduate student Ravi K. Challa received the second place best paper award at the 3rd International Conference on Microwave, Antenna, Propagation and Remote Sensing held in Jodhpur, India in December. The paper was coauthored with Dr. Darko Kajfez, Professor Emeritus of Electrical Engineering, Dr. Veysel Demir, Visting Scholar, Dr. Joseph R. Gladden, and Dr. Atef Z. Elsherbeni, Professor of Electrical Engineering.
- Three electrical engineering undergraduate students have been initiated into the honor society Phi Kappa Phi this past fall. The three students are Mukund Ojha, Hunter Shell, and Manish Sthapit.
- Electrical engineering graduate student Ibrahim Abualhaol was initiated into the honor society Phi Kappa Phi this past fall.
- Four electrical engineering students have been named to Who's Who at the University of Mississippi for 2006-2007. They are Lukman Bojuwon, Marisa Brantley, Mukund Ojha, and Hafeez Olanigan.
- Four electrical engineering graduate students received best presentation awards at the recent 2007 Sigma Xi Student Poster Symposium on campus. Laila Hady received the Engineering I category award, Abdulkhaleq Mohammed received the Engineering II category award, Xuan Hui Wu received the Engineering III category award, and Ravi Challa received the Engineering IV category award.
- Undergraduate electrical engineering student Hafeez Olanigan received the Sally McDonnell Barksdale Honors College award at the 2007 Sigma Xi Student Poster Symposium on campus.
- Electrical engineering graduate students presented more than 20 papers at the recent Mississippi Academy of Sciences meeting in Starkville, Mississippi.