Student News and Awards (Fall 2007)
- The electrical engineering undergraduate robot design team placed in the "elite eight" out of more than 40 competitors in the IEEE Robot Competition at the 2007 IEEE SoutheastCon conference held in Richmond, Virginia this past March. EE seniors Marisa Brantley, Yang Hyo Kim, Mukund Ojha, Brad Payne, and John Reep were members of the team.
- Two electrical engineering undergraduate students, Lukman Adekunle Bojuwon and Mukund Sampurnanand Ojha, received the prestigious 2007 Marcus Elvis Taylor Memorial Medal for outstanding academic performance at the University of Mississippi.
- Lukman Bojuwon and Mukund Ojha also received the William L. Everitt Student Awards of Excellence from the International Engineering Consortium.
- Two electrical engineering undergraduate students, James Eric Fortenberry and Yang Hyo Kim, were initiated into the honor society Phi Kappa Phi this past spring.
- Electrical engineering graduate student Xuan Hui Wu received the best paper award at the recent 2007 Mid-South Area Engineering and Sciences Conference held in Oxford in May. The paper was coauthored with Profs. Ahmed A. Kishk and Allen W. Glisson.