Graduate Admission Requirements for Center for Wireless Communications
Full Standing Admission
- Applicant must hold a baccalaureate degree from a regional accredited institution with a 3.0 or equivalent average of 3.0 on the last 60 hours of undergraduate course work.
- Must have scored 1000 total on the GRE on Verbal and Quantitative.
- An International Applicant must have a 550 on the TOEFL.
- Must have sufficient course background to pursue the course of study.
- Applicants who have not met requirements for full standing admission, but whose credentials include a baccalaureate degree and indicate a reasonable chance for success, may be admitted in this category.
- Once the applicant reaches full standing and upon the recommendation of the deparmental chair concerned the credit earned may be applied to a degree program, applicants admitted in this category are restricted to enrollment in courses at the 600 level and below, exclusive of thesis, and must satisfy all conditions of admission by the end of their first term of enrollment or their status will be changed to non-dgree.
- Applicants whose academic qualifications are not sufficiently strong to warrant admission to a degree program but who take courses which will strengthen their qualifcations to enter graduate degree programs will be admitted as qualifying students. Courses completed in this category may not be applied to a graduate degree program at The University of Mississippi. enrollment is restricted to courses at the 400 level and below.
- Applicants whose credentials are received within the deadline for application but too late for the admission process to be completed prior to regiatration will be admitted as temporary students. Enrollment is restricted to courses at the the 600 level and below.