Robert W. Dean, Jr.
Madison, Mississippi 39110
(601) 856-7704 (Home)
(601) 359-1454 (Work)
(601) 359-5918 (Fax)
- July 2001 to Present - Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT)
State Traffic Engineer - Jackson, Mississippi
Division Administrator for Traffic Engineering Division (TED). Oversees all phases of operation and planning for TED. This includes:
In summary, supervision and oversight of over 60 employees in Traffic Engineering Division. Included are: planning and oversight of a $7,000,000 budget, personnel issues, engineering support, administration of privatized specific service signing program (Logo Program), oversight of consulting engineers who provide traffic studies, traffic signal design, and permanent signing plans for inclusion in construction plans.
- Oversight of engineering section which provides traffic engineering support for all MDOT Districts statewide.
- Oversight of Traffic Signal Engineers and Signal Technicians who maintain over 600 traffic signals statewide.
- Oversight of Sign Shop which manufactures all signs for MDOT maintained roadways. (Fabricate over 50,000 signs annually.)
- Oversight of Field Sign Crews. These crews maintain signs on interstate system statewide. They also assist District Sign Crews with signing maintenance statewide.
- July 2000 to July 2001 - Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT)
Assistant State Traffic Engineer - Jackson, Mississippi
Assistant Division Administrator for Traffic Engineering Division. Assisted State Traffic Engineer with all operations and planning in Traffic Engineering Division. Duties included assistance with all duties listed previously.
- October 1995 to July 2000 - Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT)
Area Traffic Engineer - Jackson, Mississippi
Provided Traffic Engineering Support to various MDOT Districts statewide. This included assistance with all traffic engineering related issues including temporary traffic control, preparation of permanent signing plans, traffic signal evaluations, various traffic studies, various signing requests, coordination of Field Sign Crew activities with District Sign Crew personnel, and coordination of various work activities with other MDOT Divisions and TED personnel.
- October 1984 to October 1995 - Jackson Stone Company
Project Engineer - Jackson, Mississippi
Designed architectural precast concrete panels and connections. Oversight of all phases of detailing, production, shipping, and in-place use. Performed plant set-up and post-pour quality control.
- January 1984 to October 1987 - Mississippi State Highway Department
Design Squad Leader - Jackson, Mississippi
Supervised the preparation of highway plans for right-of-way acquisition and final contract plans and quantities. Included were geometric design of all classes of highway (rural and urban), special design of concrete drainage structures, and calculation of quantities for contract plans (pavement hydraulic, earthwork, etc.) Supervised and trained engineering technicians to aid in performance of these duties.
University of Mississippi
Oxford, Mississippi - B.S., Bachelor of Science, Civil Engineering
Registered Professional Engineer, No. 11398, MS
- Member, Institute for Transportation Engineers (ITE)
- Member, American Association of Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO) Subcommittee on Traffic Engineering
- Member, National Committee on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (NCUTCD)