B.S. Chemical Engineering - Accreditation Information
The B.S. Chemical Engineering Program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
|Fall Enrollment Headcount
Program Educational Objectives
Graduates from the Chemical Engineering Program of The University of Mississippi will:
- Demonstrate that they are globally competitive in the professional world by holding positions of increasing responsibility throughout their career;
- Pursue lifelong learning through professional development and/or advanced degrees; and
- Demonstrate flexible problem-solving skills by addressing complex professional and societal issues.
Note: The program objectives of the Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering (B.S.Ch.E.) are published in The University of Mississippi Undergraduate Catalog and departmental Web page: www.engineering.olemiss.edu/chemical.
Through the B.S.Ch.E. curriculum, our students will demonstrate an:
- Ability to apply knowledge of math, engineering and science
- Ability to design and conduct experiments
- Ability to analyze and interpret data
- Ability to design a system, component or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability and sustainability
- Ability to function on multidisciplinary teams
- Ability to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems
- Understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- Ability to communicate effectively
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental and societal context
- Recognition of the need for and an ability to engage in lifelong learning
- Knowledge of contemporary issues