The School of Engineering at Ole Miss is a high quality engineering school, which has produced many leaders in the engineering profession. Our graduates have made substantial impact in the State of Mississippi and in the nation. The School has a plan to move into another level of excellence. Below are only a few of the many achievements that the school and our alumni have accomplished.
Key Statistics for 2014-15
|Undergraduate enrollment (Oxford)
|Number of freshmen
|Average ACT for entering freshmen
|BS degrees conferred (2013 - 2014)
|Tenure Track Faculty
|Research expenditure (FY2013-14)
Recent Student Achievements
- Anna Hailey(2010) and Nikki Reinemann(2012) won the Barry Goldwater Fellowship, a Congressional honor.
- Martin Ducote became a Fulbright Scholar. (2012)
- Christine Bonnington, Electrical Engineering major, named a Laureate of Tau Beta Pi, the National Engineering Honor Society (five awarded nationally). (2010)
- Pablo Mariaca, Civil Engineering major, won CH2M Hill Engineers Without Borders-USA Scholarship (12 awarded nationally). (2010)
- Chemical Engineering design team won the first place in American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE) national design competition. (2009)
- Mechanical Engineering capstone design team won the second place in American Society of Mechancial Engineers (ASME) regional competition and qualified for the national competition. (2010)
- Chemical Engineering design team won the second place in American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE) national team design competition. (2011)